Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Dreams of Raindrops on the Window

My dreams have been seeming rather normal lately; dreams of friends, family, memories past, school, mixtures of the four, regular things. Though, lately I've been having strange-feeling dreams. Not strange dreams, strange-feeling dreams. One dream in particular is a dream that is sort of recurring dream.

I lay in my bed during a winter night. I'm wrapped up in a warm bundle under two layers of blankets. I can hear rain trickling onto my bedroom window, which's curtains are closed. It's soothing, calm, peaceful. A few seconds go by, all is well, I'm about to fall asleep, when suddenly, there's a tapping at my window.

Tap. Tap tap tap. Tap.

My head flings to the right, looking at the window. It sounds like some sort of bird is tapping the glass. Silence. Then again.

Tap. Tap tap tap. Tap.

My heart falls into my stomach. It's not just some bird tapping the window; the tapping is ensuing.

Tap. Tap tap tap. Tap.

I slowly get out of bed, folding the covers over my legs and pulling my legs from under the covers. I step out of bed and make my way towards the window.

Tap. Tap tap tap. Tap.

I start to pass my bed.

Tap.

I stop dead in my tracks.

Just one tap? That didn't seem to fit.

No other taps come after that. I wake up soon after a few seconds of silence.

This dream has been recurring for the past week. I get a little closer to that window each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment