Search This Blog

Saturday, June 18, 2011

News

I had recently visited Zach's parents at their home and talked to them about his personal life. After a few hours of talking I realized there was a lot of things I didn't know about him. For one, he was epileptic and he took medication for it. I also learned that had a fear of the woods. He always believed that there were paranormal creatures living in there, such as ghosts. He also watched and read many movies and books from the horror media. His favorite was the book House of Leaves by the author Mark Z. Danielewski. I never thought of Zach as a horror fan since we were so into the Sci-Fi media as we grew up.

At the end of the talk between me and Zach's parents, I asked about his behavior before he went missing. They told me that he had become noticeably exhausted. They mentioned that they noticed that he had been losing more and more sleep as the days went by. He would stay up late drawing, talking on the phone with a person whose name he wouldn't give to his parents, and on the computer spending lots of time on the internet forum called Something Awful. Sometimes he would just lay there staring at the ceiling.

They also told me that he became increasingly paranoid and cautious. (This also must be to blame for his loss of sleep). During the day, there were no signs of paranoia. This was only shown at night. Whenever he heard a noise or saw a shadow that was unexpected, he would get easily startled. Lights were always on in whatever room he was in or was looking into. He also constantly looked out his window, in closets, and behind shower curtains. His parents also told me that he became so paranoid that his mind made up these crazy illusions and hallucinations. He constantly told them that he saw a very tall man staring at him while standing in the strangest spots: outside his window, his closet, behind trees, etc. After hearing that, my next question was "Was he on any kind of medication?" They told me that the only medicine he was on were epilepsy medication and sleeping pills.

That was basically the end of our discussion for that day.

This has me a little worried about what Zach was going through.

I'll fill you all in when I have more information, but for now, I have to try to add this all up.

By the way, apparently someone hacked my account and added binary code into my first post. I don't know how to translate it so I don't know what it means. Plus, for some reason, I can't delete it off of the post. I'll figure all of this out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment