Search This Blog

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Woods

I hadn't been back in the woods behind my house in years, but due to recent events, I really had no choice.

Yesterday, Jared and I went back there to check out what that creepy guy from our street was doing when he hung around there for hours on-end a few days ago. We brought along flashlights, rubber gloves (just in-case we had to rummage through anything grimy), and a weapon for each of us, which is a metal baseball bat and a switchblade that I got for my birthday this year. After about a half-hour of walking, we came across an entire section of the woods that was filled with trees that had the trash bags hanging from them.

I took out my switchblade and cut one open. Suddenly, tons of different organs dropped out from under the bag: intestines of both sizes, stomachs, livers, and kidneys. Jared took one look at them and barfed all over the ground and all over my shoes. He apologized.

Realizing that it was a bad idea to go out there, we decided to leave. As we left we started hearing the sound of some kind of animal. It sounded like something between a tiger and a bear with a higher-pitched growl. We heard it shuffling through the leaves, slowly getting faster and faster as the sound of it's voice became louder and louder. Jared and I took out our weapons and started to run.

Suddenly, the sounds stopped, but that didn't stop us from running even faster.

There is no way that we're going back there again.


No comments:

Post a Comment